Letter to my Future Self

 

Dear Future Emily,

     I’m sure you will see as this letter continues that I’m not all that great at writing about myself, but I know you will put up with it because well…you have too. Where do I begin, well I’m currently writing this in 2020 which has been, as you know, complete shit. It’s been tough recently, you lost your grandfather, you are stuck inside your room with barely any contact with the outside and you’re depressed as all hell. Don’t worry, some good things have happened though. You’re doing well in your classes, you are continuing to write (although not as much as you would like), and you have some pretty awesome roommates to be stuck with during this all. All this is not really news to you though, since I guess you lived through it…Moving on!

     Since I just gave you a recap of all that’s been going on with me now, here’s some things that I hope that you are/are doing. I hope we are still as crazy as we are now, not like “unsub on Criminal Minds” crazy but a balanced crazy. Hopefully we are living out our dreams of working in the entertainment industry and have made some badass projects. I hope we have a nice family and some cute, not bratty, kids. Most of all, I hope we are still us, because we are one of the most hardworking, talented, and determined people I’ve ever met, even if we don’t realize it all the time.

     Times are tough right now, but I know I will get through it and you will too, trust me. I want our creativity to always be a priority in our projects and never let anyone say otherwise. Even though we are a woman in film, we will be just as good as anybody else and if we have to fight for our name to be out there in the world, then so be it.

 Love,

20 year old Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Calligram

BW to Color